Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our New Neighbors




Aren't they cute? I think they are called Scottish Highlanders, but I am not positive. They are very furry and looked at me like I was insane when I tried to climb the snow bank to take their picture. So did BB, as she sat mooing in the back seat of my car. Their expression says it all. They are like, "Oh boy, we've got a nutter living up the road." I think these guys will be nice neighbors. Although I thought I saw the white one smirk when I almost lost my balance and fell face first into the snow. Looking forward to warmer weather when we can walk down and visit them.

2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

Oooh, those guys are cool! We visited some at a farm last year with Buby's preschool for 2s... and they were just unbelievable up close.

Julie said...

I think you are right about the name. We have one, a black one named Bonnie. She has her own pen in the barn because she can't get her big horns in the stantion. I guess a while ago my mother in law wanted a cow 'with really big horns'. Ha!