Friday, January 30, 2009

FLOR







I found FLOR in a design magazine a while ago and then recently found them in a little store in our village. I think they are so cool. Each rug is made of carpet tiles assmbled together. They are green, completely washable, and have neat names like Toy Poodle, House Pet, Shaggy Sheep, Stampede, and many more. They appeal to me becasue this concept makes perfect sense for a playroom or other high traffic areas of a house. I love the idea that I can remove a tile to wash it, or completely replace it. The cost is anywhere form $8 to $25 per tile. I am thinking about the Toy Poodle in Fluffy Fuschia and Go Fetch Green for our playroom, but it is so hard to decide. I love the soft Botanical Bue for our bedroom. Right now I have samples from the store strewn about our house. BP and BB have been playing with them all afternoon. I picked a few of my favorites to show above, but check out http://www.flor.com/ if this concept appeals to you also. (They also have a well organized catalog you can order.)

2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

This company is great! They've been around a long time actually. I used to feature them in the magazine often. We used them a lot in photo shoots, too, b/c it was so easy to switch things out fast. The colors are vibrant, and it's perfect for playrooms. If something spills, you just replace one tile and not the whole floor. The textures vary wildly, so make sure if you order from the catalog you call in a sample first. Some are super soft and some are kinda rough... for back porches and basements, etc.

Lilypad Mom said...

I have looked into this also, Uncle Dave introduced me to them. I'd love to see them in person though, we might have to take a trip out to the store near you.