Friday, February 8, 2008

Mom Confession #1




Inspired by my friend Julie who has been bloogging mommmy confessions, I thought of one and I know Blue House Mom can agree with me on this one too. So here it is...

Sometimes The Barefoot Princess is not a willing participant in the afternoon nap and a short drive in the car is required to bring on a nap. Because of this, I know where all the drive-thru Dunkin' Donuts are located in the area that we live. There is nothing better than a quick ride in the car, when BP and BB drift off to sleepyland and I can get a cup of tea without having to disturb them!!! Priceless!!!

5 comments:

Julie said...

I'm glad you like the idea. :) I feel like I could do it everyday. :) That made me laugh outloud with the senior picture comment, I will have to remember that. I love reading your blogs. Have you found a way to print them yet? I tried to do a search and it wouldn't work. the flikr pictures didn't come out either. I am gradually figuring this out. :)

Buby + Bleu said...

I do the same thing when we need to get out of the house and settle down for naptime. It only works like once a week, unfortunately. But luckily he transfers pretty well when he's exhausted... and it's just the perfect distance to Starbucks for my iced decaff. It's something I really love to do! It used to be DDs, but their iced decaff is all watered down now.

Lilypad Mom said...

I wish that LP would transfer from the car asleep.I would waste too much gas driving for 2 hours while she napped (and who knows where I would end up!)

allison said...

I absolutely agree with you. The three of us usually do this on the weekend, too. We have a certain "loop" that we do and it seems to work most of the time.

Poley said...

Naps??? What's that???? What a great confession! Dyl loves CHOCOLATE MUNCHINS now so I can't go anywhere near that place--not WW friendly :) Can't wait to see you guys at the Little Buckaroo's First b-day party!!!!