Friday, February 8, 2008

Another Barefoot Princess???


(Barefoot Mom's dress of choice)
(A little something for The Barefoot Baby)
(And overalls for The Barefoot Princess)



There is actually another Barefoot Princess out there and it is a Lilly Pulitzer signature store (one of my favorite designers). I was just curious if I were to start my own business someday, if I could use this name and I happened accross this store today. I have always loved the Lily Pulitzer fabrics and patterns. I love the colors and fun prints that her designs come in. Lily, originally from NYC, married and moved to Palm Beach. Her husband owned several citrus groves and Lily capitalized on this and opened a juice stand. She found that squeezing juice all day really made a mess of her clothes and started designing sleeveless shifts with these bright colors and busy patterns to disguise juice stains and her business blossomed from there. This was in the 1950's and today she is still going strong! I learned this background information from a Vanity Fair article on the designer a couple of years ago. I love stories like this. So inspirational!!!

4 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

Cute stuff. I didn't know this store. Great minds think alike though... on the name thing.

I have some cute pics from this morning at the park. I'll email them to you.

Lilypad Mom said...

Very cute! I love the mom dress. That would look great on you.

allison said...

Funny story about the juice stains. I didn't know about this store either, but it reminds me of you. The colors...very you!

Poley said...

I just love those outfits!