Saturday, January 19, 2008

Road Trip





Last Friday The Barefoot Princess, The Barefoot Baby and I had a road trip penciled in on our calendar. I told BP we were off for an adventure and two minutes later when I glanced back at her she was sound asleep. I realized I had about two hours to go anywhere and enjoy the beautiful sunshine and fresh fallen snow and think. I soon found myself driving to the area where my favorite farmhouses are built about 45 minutes from our house. (I posted about them once before) We dream of someday building one these new - old farmhouses. They are the essence of The Barefoot Family and on this particular day they were breathtaking!!! As I drove around exploring new territory I was able to do a lot of thinking.


I thought about my two Princesses sound asleep in the backseat and how blessed I am to be their mommy.


I thought a lot about the preschool decision we are facing right now.


I thought about homeschooling...just kidding


I thought about how quickly time passes and enjoying EVERY moment is crucial


I thought about how lucky I am to be able to take a road trip on a sunny Friday afternoon with my two sleepyheads


I thought about our next step and the decisions and changes we (The Barefoot Family) must make in 2008


I thought about who we are and how we want to raise our little girls


I thought about how I would love some hot chocolate, but did not want to disturb the sleeping princesses

Just as I turned around to go home, The Barefoot Princess woke up and in the sweetest little voice asked, "Mommy, my city?"
I told her, "No sweetie, Today's road trip brought us to the country where the air is fresh, the views breathtaking, and life seems so simple, but the cool thing is your city is less than two hours away." My last deep thought for the day was life is definitely about the best of both worlds!

3 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

I remember this place well. It is breathtaking. The houses are beautiful. I can't imagine making all the decisions you guys have to make in '08. Good luck!! And cheers to more sunny day road trips like that... I love those.

allison said...

It sounds like you had a divine day. I love that you treasure these moments and take nothing for granted. Sounds like you have some big decisions to make. I'm sure you'll do well with whatever you choose. Your children are testaments to your love and devotion.

Poley said...

You have to be the most positive optimistic person I know!! I wish you and your hubby lots of luck in '08. So many decisions I know but I know you guys will make the right one!! You have to love that pic of BP asleep with her baby so cute