Thursday, November 19, 2009

No More Nukies...


On Tuesday BB mailed the last of her nukies to a special baby friend. (Thanks Keri for disposing) She walked right into the Post Office and chose an envelope and put her nukies in saying "bye-bye nukies" without a tear or a second thought. Then we got in the car and BP and I made a big fuss about it telling her what a big girl she was. As we pulled away from the Post Office she burst into tears crying "my nukies." I was scared and feeling very weak, but knew I could not give in. I calmed her with her blankie and that is the last tear she shed over them. She talks about them every now and then, and tells anyone she can what a big girl she is now that she gave away her nukies. Big sigh of relief...we were really scared how it would go. We notice she sleeps better without the nukie also. Hallelujah!!

1 comment:

Buby + Bleu said...

Oh that must've been hard on both of you. I'm so proud of BB for being such a big girl. I can see BP in the backseat cheering her on. So sweet to have a big sister, I'm sure.