Friday, September 11, 2009

Daddy Date #2 (BP)






Daddy Date #2 was BP's turn. They went kayaking on a pristine local resevoir. She left with a pillow to sit on, a small quilt, snacks, her pink water bottle, her binoculars, and of course a pink life jacket. He left with a life jacket, snacks, a water bottle, and my camera. They both came home 3 hours later with huge smiles and lots of stories from their adventure. I just have to say that my husband is the perfect "girl Dad." He just gets them, and understands that sometimes they are sensitive and whiny. And other times they are adventurous and all about bugs and kayaking and peeing in the woods. Now BP is planning on an afterschool kayaking trip. Yes, she has asked Daddy "to pick her up in his green truck with the kayak" and go in the nearby Delaware or another lake they spotted recently. It seesm she cannot wait for the weekend. I give her credit. I am not all that confident of a kayaker. She is a braver chick than me!

2 comments:

Poley said...

I think BP is a very brave little girl---she's so adventurous!

Buby + Bleu said...

Perfect description of a girl dad. Eric does seem to be tailor made for the job! I'm sure the girls love their one-on-one time with him.