Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pool Party






Aunt Cynthia, Uncle Charlie, and James hosted the first pool party of the season last Friday. It was warm and sunny. The pool was refreshing and the views from their spot on the mountain were breathtaking. We thank them for having us and kicking off the Summer season in a perfect way.
Random Notes on the pictures:
BB wore her hat for a few minutes and then tore it off. Darn! It was so sweet.
BP is taking much needed swimming lessons this summer. She is very unsure in the water, but very sure of her new mermaid suit from Old Navy. She loves it!
Keri, I need to find out where you got those cool swimmies.
I rarely put a picture of myself on the blog because I am very critical. Who isn't, right? Anyway, I need to work on my posture is what I am thinking when I look at the picture of myself.
Oh, and if I look like my mother-in-law does in a bathing suit when I am her age, and I will not say her age although you would never believe it, I would grocery shop in a bathing suit. She looks amazing! And no, I am not kissing up. It is the truth.
Last, James, can you tell how much BP adores you? She told me the best part of her day was the hug she got from you. Aaaawww!
(some pictures courtesy of Aunt Cynthia)

2 comments:

Poley said...

I want a pool in my backyard like that! Believe it or not you can only get that swimmy thing from Walmart. Next time I'm there I will pick one up for you if I see one. They are pretty hard to find.

I LOVE the hat on BB! What a cutie

Buby + Bleu said...

Looks like so much fun! Love your random notes. Agree about the cute sun hat. I ooh and aah anytime I get a cute hair thingy on Nola... b/c she's sure to toss it 30 seconds later. And that's okay, b/c those 30 seconds were really fun for me. Ha.

You're right: You'r mom-in-law is HOT in a bathing suit. We should all age so well.

The first thing I notice about me in photos is my posture, too. It's aweful! Always has been. I'm lazy about sitting up straight. And then my nose, which has been broken twice and is crooked when I smile. I delete most photos b/c of it. We are too critical of ourselves.

I started Buby in private swim lessons at the Y when he turned 3. He didn't like the group lessons anymore once I wasn't in the water with him. But with just him and Miss Melissa he LOVES every minute and he makes progress 20xs faster. It's totally worth the money b/c his swim teacher assures me he will learn faster and not need to be in lessons as long. With our pool in back, that gives me such peace of mind.

Bleu, on the other hand, is fearless in the water. Scares me to death. She and I do the lessons on Wednesdays, and she doesn't have any of the hesitation that Buby did.