Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Serena & Lily




















We are living in a sea of "decorator's white," and have been sticking paint swatches up in every room of our house. With Spring on the way we are considering painting some rooms. All the woodwork in our house is painted HC-78. The HC stands for historical color, and the real name is Litchfiled Gray. I call it oatmeal. This color is a design challenge because you have to choose the right shades to coordinate with its brownish tones. On a positive note, I like the oatmeal color on all the woodwork because it is softer than bright white, and hides everyday smudges and fingerprints from the girls. With that being said, I was having a hard time finding the right colors to paint the rooms until I found the above company, Serena & Lily. When I received their catalog in the mail I immediately knew their color palette would be perfect for our house. BP has asked for her new room to be pink so I think Serena & Lily's "Shell" will be perfect. And BB of course has no color preference or at least she has not expressed it yet, so I think Serena & Lily's "Bluebell" will look great with the bedding she already has. For our room I am loving S&L's "Air" because it is subtle and soft and is the color of the sky, which is what we see when we look out our bedroom windows. I am hoping the paint samples are in our mailbox today.If you have time to drool check out S&L's website for beautiful bedding, toys, furniture, and other accessories.


2 comments:

Poley said...

I was waiting for you to get the decorators itch! There is nothing I love more than freshly painted rooms and I think the colors you picked for the girls are perfect although I'm shocked that BP wants a pink room!

Buby + Bleu said...

Pretty color choices. I do love Serena & Lily sheets. I used to work with them a lot at the magazine.