Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Design Inspiration



Our new dining room needs desperate help, and to be honest the rest of our house fell together so easily, I am at a loss with the dining room. I am looking for some key pieces of furniture, old dry sink for a buffet, key west wicker chairs, a great chandlier, etc..., and am hoping some Spring antiquing will help with these things. I want the room to be a formal dining room in a laid back country way. I found a little more direction on Saturday night at Sorellino. (I am always obserivng design and decorating. It is a sickness I tell you...a disease. I cannot help myself.) I fell in love with the light fixtures and I think something similar to this on a slightly smaller scale would be perfect for our dining room. If you have ever seen something like the above light fixture please let me know where. Also, I loved how they used chicken wire on the doors to the wine cabinets. I may incorporate that somehow into the room. Oh, and I am thinking the wall color will be sometihng in the raspberry family. Any other suggestions for our dining room??? Please help!!!

4 comments:

allison said...

You have impeccable taste. I always left your house with ideas and inspiration, so I'm certainly not the one to help you out with this! Ummmm...antiquing sounds like fun. Hey, if you ever decide to go to Liberty Hill Farm, there are a ton of places along the way on the NY/VT border. And Rte 6A on the Cape is known for its antique stores.

Buby + Bleu said...

You do. You should've gone into design + decorating. I will email you a couple of sources for the light.

Alana Goldstein said...

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I looked into our didng room this morning and realized it has become a catch all for things without a home. Oh well someday we will be able to use it.

Unknown said...

Great Post!!Get Discount Dining Room Furniture from metroloftfurniture at reasonable prices.