Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Banner Project




I posted about this project a couple weeks ago and here is my version I just finished the other night. I used Martha Stewart's bird stamps and green ink, which I found at Wal-Mart. I had no clue Martha had her stuff there. I chose three pretty pink and green fabrics and cut triangle with pinking shears. Then I sewed the trangles to pink seam binding. The last step was stamping the birds onto muslin triangles and sewing them onto the green triangles. The overall effect is fun and party-like and perfect for our playroom. Both my girls were giddy when they saw the banner hanging across the windows the next morning.

4 comments:

allison said...

This looks fantastic! You did such a great job. I had heard about Martha's stuff at Walmart, but I haven't gone to see it yet. Thanks for the reminder.

Poley said...

Wow you are very talented! I was wondering how your banner project was coming out...i'm so glad we got to see you guys yesterday and Dylan talked about BP all the way home. I definitely have to get the two of them together again soon. It's amazing how much they are growing up. BP is such a little lady and Dyl is the rough tough little train-man. Hugs to your girls!

Buby + Bleu said...

It's awesome! Great job!! I did my whole banner no-sew, b/c I have have NO idea how to sew. Yours looks more finished. So perfect for your little ladies.

Lilypad Mom said...

That looks great! Such beautiful colors for their playroom.