Thursday, January 8, 2009

Worth the Wait


I have decided not to post any pictures of our new house. It's just not us to do that. And besides I want everyone to come visit us and see our little piece of heaven on a big mountain. We are pretty much unpacked and we have been comfortable since our first night. I am so comfortable that I never want to leave "my mountain". My sweet husband actually said to me this morning, "Your car is right there (pointing out the kitchen window) do you want me to show you how to turn it on?" I had to take BP to shcool this morning and run some errands with BB. I laughed at him and said, "No, I should be ok, but you could clean the snow off for me." We all are amazed by how fast our new house became a HOME!
The above picture I took from the front porch as the sun rose this morning. I can walk around the house and look out each window and take in a breathtaking view. Mountains, valleys, farms, deer, wild turkeys, and the other day I saw my first ever bald eagle. We watch the sun rise, the sun set, the storms blow in, the storms blow out, the fog roll in, the fog roll out. It is all so different from on top of a mountain. Oh, and I cannot forget to mention the wind. Wow, do we have some crazy wind up here! I saw the listing agent in the grocery store just an hour ago. He lives across the hill from us and he said, "Are you getting used to the wind yet?" When I laughed he quickly added, "even on the hottest day in July there will be a beautiful breeze". Well that is a pleasant and reassuring thought. The one good thing with the wind is that it blows all the snow off the mountain and we never seem to have as much snow as everyone else. I just cannot put BB down outside or she will also blow away!
Our new home was definitely worth the wait!

3 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

I am so happy for you guys. All of you. What an amazing journey. I remember not feeling like "HOME" here in this house for a while. There was so much to do (projects/improvements) before we could feel settled, and it took me like 6 months to fully unpack. So I'm impressed. Can't wait to see the mountain in person.

Lilypad Mom said...

Congratulations on the new home! Wishing you lots of wonderful years and memories together in it. What a beautiful view. I cannot wait to see it. And I can't believe you are unpacked already! 3 years later and I think I still have some boxes in the attic that I haven't opened yet.

allison said...

It sounds beautiful. What a wonderful feeling for you to be settled into your new home. What a great way to begin the new year. I'm thrilled for you. And I'm looking forward to seeing your gorgeous mountain view.