Friday, January 9, 2009

Avocado Swiss Melt






Oh how I love this sandwich! The smooth nutty avocado mixed with the sharp bite of the Swiss and the crunch of the fresh veggies. It is heavenly!
This recipe also began its life as a Weight Watchers recipe, but I altered it a little bit. There are so many variations you could do with this. This is for those who are a fan of grilled cheese, but want to shake things up a little bit.


Take two slices of whole wheat bread
Spread low fat mayo on them
Add once slice of low fat Swiss
Then add 1/4 of an avocado sliced thin
Next add shredded carrots
Sprinkle some alfalfa sprouts
Spray a non-stick skillet with Pam and put the sandwich in
Cover and wait a minute or two
Then flip and watch for the Swiss to melt and the yumminess to be ready

You can also use cucumbers, tomatoes, or even turkey bacon. The possibilities are endless.
I think that is why I love Weight Watchers. The food is so delicious and you can be creative. For me eating and food is a lot about color and presentation as well as taste. I love the fresh veggies and fruits in the recipes and the variety of spices and seasonings used too.

Points Value: 4 points
Note: Turkey Bacon would add and additional 2 points

3 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

Yum, that sounds delicious! I'm going to have to get avacado this. week to make it

Julie said...

Yum Yum! ya know I have this martha stewart recipe that takes off of grilled chesse too that i love, I don't know about the health value of it though but she does cheddar cheese with ham and apples with a little mustard. I LOVE that on my grilled cheese but the boys don't really.

allison said...

I think I'd love this sandwich...with cheddar instead of Swiss, though. I'll have to try it.