Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Welcome Kit


Meet Kit, she is an American Girl doll and a new member of our family. Kit was an early birthday present for BP. All the American Girl dolls represent a different time period. Kit is a clever girl from the 1930's who faces The Great Depression with spirit and determination. BP chose her because "she has short yellow hair" like hers and she looks like her friend Tilda at school. That is exactly what she will tell you. I think it is funny that she chose a doll from The Great Depression considering the state of our economy right now, but BP has no clue. Although when we were reading Kit's book today, and it told of the characters lining up for bread and cheese, BP was curious about this so I tried to explain the circumstances to her. So now BP cares for Kit and Bitty Baby and her other dolls everyday. Our family just keeps growing!

2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

Kit seems the perfect choice for BP who has that 30s look herself. So sophisticated and sweet yet thinks nothing of rolling up her sleeves and getting dirty. I like the history lessons in these dolls.

Poley said...

I can't wait to meet your new addition! I cannot wait until Brynn turns 2 in May so I can head to the American Girl store with her in NYC. I'm sure BP adores Kit!