Monday, September 29, 2008

A Green Modular





Anyone who knows me, really knows me, knows that I love houses, homes, real estate, architectural design, interior design, landscape design, and anything having to do with these things. It is a passion, and yes, I even think an obsession of mine. I remember rearranging my furniture in my bedroom at age eight. My parents would hear me downstairs and say, "she is at it again." Gettting my real estate license is on my to do list so that I can put this obsession to work. With that being said, I have decided to do a blog post each week featuring a home for sale that caught my eye, a builder or designer I like, or just a house that I snapped a picture of while driving. Maybe a career lies ahead in this field for me? Who knows what tomorrow will bring?


A couple weeks ago I blogged about the owner of the Magnolia Bakery's home and this week's home, pictured above, is a green farmhouse I spotted over a year ago. The old farmhouse look and the big front porch caught my eye and then I read the details and was shocked when it said it was a modular. What? I thought. It must be a misprint. Well, the other day I went to get our mail and in the box was my monthly Country Living magazine. Inside was a story on this house that I spotted over a year ago. It is a simple farmhouse combined with up to the minute green technology. This house sings to my soul (my husband thinks I am nuts when I use this phrase). So I called Randy Florke, contributing editor to Country Living magazine, founder of The Rural Connection, and realtor in our area. He teamed up with Mark Jupiter and Tyler Schmetterer from New World Home to build these homes. He said that he was unable to leave the city for a couple of weeks, but to take a ride and check out the house. We did just that! More to come in Part II
For more information check out http://www.newworldhome.net/

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I saw this in Country Living too and LOVED it!! You'll have to let me know the details - will they put one on any piece of land or do you have to buy the land from them?? One of these would look really nice at the farm on the piece of land that I have scoped out overlooking the barn!!

Buby + Bleu said...

I share your obsession, which is why after journalism school I set my sights on NYC and on the shelter category (national lifestyle and design magazines). I bet you would have LOVED parts of my everyday job. The scouting trips, photo shoots, makeovers, build-from-scratch sets to look like real interiors. It was all about information and inspiration and accessibility and really good design. I got 20 boxes a day sometimes... "just because" gifts from some of my favorite designers and market sources. You would've hated the hours and stress and did I mention the stress? But I felt like it fed my soul, too. I appreciate your style and love the modern country charm and color that you have added to your own house. Especially the yellows. In the photos you posted, I'm in love with the black fireplace and the bench seats.