Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scooter




It is going to take a lot of practice, but eventually she will get used to this three-wheeled scooter. BP and her Daddy went off to Wal-Mart last night to pick up some last minute camping supplies for our trip this weekend and came home with a scooter. BUT, it wasn't this scooter in the above pictures. The one they purchased or BP insisted on, was way to big and with only two wheels, way too dangerous. So BP, BB, and I ventured back to Wal-Mart today, and I say ventured because I have not been to Wal-Mart since BP was two months old to make our 2005 Christmas card. So I realized today why we have not been there in three years...enough said. (Thank heavens for Target, I cannot put my finger on the difference, but there is one, I promise!) We returned the "big, dangerous" scooter and BP told everyone she could why it was being returned and found a safer version (pictured above). Returning it was easy compared to assembling it. Now, I know why I normally just put the stickers on the toys in the end. I was determined to put it together for BP and when she would say, "um, maybe Daddy do it later?" I told her numerous times that "girls can do anything boys can do, but boys cannot do everything girls can do," but I was beginning to wonder. Anyway, it is cute and she loves it and now as she practices her scooter riding around the circular nursery driveway, I can push BB on BP's old tricycle which has a seatbelt and extension for parental pushing. Fun for everyone!

2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

Haha. Buby says that sometimes... "Daddy will fix it. You can't, but Daddy can." I rarely assemble anything. I give you credit. We have a three wheel scooter and Buby loves it. I know what you mean about Wal-Mart. I try to never go there. It's not even in the same category as Target. I find trips to Target very productive and even relaxing. And the lines are quick and the bathrooms clean. Wal-Mart is a mad house and you have to park out by the road. It's always crowded and there's always some drama going on. My mom did a price comparison once though and said the groceries at a super Wal-Mart were like 4xs cheaper than what I am paying... so once Buby is in school in September, I may try it once a week for groceries. A friend of ours said the meat was amazing there, too. And Pampers are $2 cheaper A BOX!!

Lilypad Mom said...

I cannot deal with Walmart either. I avoid it unless I have no other choice, and I always leave so stressed out. BP looks so big with that scooter.