Thursday, June 26, 2008

Strawberry Picking





Yesterday morning we went strawberry picking with our friends Allison and Grace. It was a beautiful day, not too hot and not too cold, as we crawled through the berry patch searching for ripe strawberries. There were so many to choose from. While BB napped in her stroller, we picked two baskets of strawberries. BP and Grace picked a bunch and then had more fun transferring them from basket to basket. We left with $7 worth of strawberries... I was surprised how much $7 bought at the farm... alot more than in the grocery store! I froze them last night to use in our smoothies this winter. Thanks to Allsion for coming up with this idea. This is definitely something I want to do every June from now on.

3 comments:

allison said...

We had a blast. Count us in for next June. My freezer has 5 bags of fresh sweet berries and I don't know if I'll be able to wait until the Fall before using them.

Buby + Bleu said...

I always went strawberry picking with my mom. I miss that. I didn't take Buby this year... Will have to remember next year. We make smoothies with frozen berries every day, too.

Buby + Bleu said...

Oh, do you use milk or orange juice in your smoothies? We used to do milk and yogurt but recently switched to OJ and it's amazing!!