Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Red, White, and Blue Strawberries




Red, white, and blue chocolate covered strawberries are easy to make and so festive. I have made them for the 4th of July a couple times and they are always a big hit. Who doesn't love a choclate covered strawberry? So if you need a dish to take to a picnic this year I highly reccomend these.
All you have to do is melt the white choclate chips in a double boiler. If you do not have a double boiler just put them in a glass bowl over a pot of water and melt them that way.
Then dip the washed strawberries in the choclate and sprinkle with blue sprinkles. I prefer the blue crystal sprinkles because they look so pretty, but you could use any sprinkles.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

allison said...

Clever. I may do this. Remind me to send you a link about a cherry pie I saw last July 4th. So easy to do.

Amanda said...

Love this idea. I'm going to make them to send to day care as a semi-healthy treat!! I think LB will also enjoy helping to make them.

Buby + Bleu said...

Such a great idea. Colorful. Fast. Festive. And you can't get any better than chocolate and strawberries. Yum...