Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Special Donkeys...




These two little Donkeys, mommy and baby, live down the road from that first apartment I mentioned in the IKEA post below. Uncle Matt and Aunt Nicole also lived in that apartment for a short time after we did. It is a special place to all of us. It was more of a cottage, a VERY TINY cottage, on a breathtakingly beautiful farm in the heart of high class horse country. (Think of a Polo Ralph Lauren ad everywhere you look) Anyway, we used to walk down the dirt road to visit these donkeys all the time. After lunch on Saturday we took BP and BB to see them and to our surprise there was a baby donkey. It was so cute how the baby donkey kept resting its head on the mommy, nuzzling the mommy, and nursing. BP's response was, "the baby is drinking the mommy's milk."

3 comments:

allison said...

The donkeys look so sweet. I love that the apartment holds special meaning to you. I have places like that and I'm happy to hear you have them, too. That's your brother, right?

Buby + Bleu said...

So cool! I'm glad you were surprised by an addition to the donkey family. I think it's funny that BP is wearing a pink skirt (is that a skirt?) out in the "wild."

Lilypad Mom said...

How sweet. Baby animals are always so cute, I'm sure BP was thrilled to get to see them.