Thursday, November 15, 2007

Bee Movie



Daddy took The Barefoot Princess to see her first movie in a theatre last Friday. Since the arrival of The Barefoot Baby we have been trying to do special things with BP and make sure she gets her own time. The movie was all Daddy's idea. BP packed her little pink backpack with a pull-up, a juicebox and some snacks and off they went. I have to be honest I had tears in my eyes (it could be the hormones) because she looked so grown up with her backpack on as she said "bye-bye mommy" and never looked back. Daddy said she made it through almost the whole movie before she got a little antsy and concerned about the bee at the end. She told me all about the movie when they returned and is still talking about it to this day. She says, "Mommy, bee, boom, window ,boo-boo, rain." She also talks about the honey and the flowers a lot too. I hope she remembers this special time she spent with Daddy when she is older!!!

3 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

Oh, I would tear up if I were you, too!! It's adorable. Bee Movie was Buby's first as well, and he loved every minute of it! We packed up his little baseball backpack with snacks and drinks and did a Saturday matinee one weekend. He still calls them "BUGS" instead of bees, but whatever.

allison said...

How sweet. We haven't done a movie with Grace yet, but maybe it's time. BP is adorable with her backpack. Did Bitty Baby go with them?

Lilypad Mom said...

I'd cry too, it's bad enough when LP says bye bye mommy when she goes to the store with daddy. We haven't done a movie yet.

BP looks so grown up in that picture. I'm glad she had such a good time with her daddy at the movie.