Thursday, September 20, 2007

Thomas and Friends




DVD and all toys from Toys R Us

We have been playing "Choo-Choo" for the last few days here. The Barefoot Princess has been into trains all summer and we finally broke down and bought a few of these wooden Thomas and Friends trains and tracks. These little buggers are costly!!! They are well made and I guess could be considered collectibles though. Anyway, The Barefoot Princess has never seen the Thomas show, so we also bought the DVD, Steamies vs. Diesels to go with the toys. I watched it with her the other morning and I have to admit I learned some things about trains that I never knew. (I was never into trains as a child) I am sure both of her Grandfathers would be proud of this interest. Papa G "plays" with the real life-size trains and Pop-Pop L, a steam engine collector, loves anything that runs off steam. I guess it is in BP's genes to be a "Choo-Choo" lover!!!

2 comments:

allison said...

We are very much into Thomas here, too. We have two books, 3 bath toys, 1 small train, and I Tivo it every Sunday. PBS at 8:30 AM (I think).

Buby + Bleu said...

Trains are big around here, too. Buby has two big tracks set up in the playroom right now. And my bro-in-law just bought him the Geo Track from Toys R US for his birthday, and it's awesome. Pretty durable and easy to build onto. Remote control... so Buby just operates the joystick.

Last Xmas we spent a small fortune on Thomas stuff at a specialty shop. Track, trains, etc. We put it away thinking we'd give it to Buby for his 2nd bday. Of course, it was part of the recent Thomas recall. The whole set. So I'm about to send it all back with a form I printed online. I doubt the recall includes anything made just recently, but you may want to check.