Friday, September 28, 2007

Slaps' Boo-Boo

"Slaps" is what The Barefoot Princess calls him, his real name is Flaps, and he is our 7 year old Basset Hound. He had surgery this week on his rear end. To discuss the surgery in any detail is far too disgusting, so we will just leave it at that. BP was very upset about leaving him at the vet's offfice and talked about "Slaps' boo-boo" the entire day that he was there. She even showed people just where his "boo-boo" would be. Our vet said he must wear this collar to prevent him from licking the area and Flaps thinks we are out of our mind! He thinks he is far too old for this torture. We all got a good laugh watching him bump into the walls and furniture. I caught him staring at himself in the stainless steel garbage can, as if saying "this is ridiculous!" Now BP is telling everyone "Slaps, boo-boo, hat." She thinks the collar is a hat!!

3 comments:

allison said...

Oh, poor Slaps! I'm totally interested in hearing more details when I see you. I can absolutely picture BP telling people all about the Boo Boo!

Lilypad Mom said...

Poor Slaps! He looks so sad about that collar. I hope he's healed up soon!

Buby + Bleu said...

I'm laughing out loud at Flaps right now. Sorry :) Jazzy wore one of those bowls on her head being spayed when she was younger, and I laughed then, too. Hopefully BP can cheer him up.