Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Red, White and Blue, We All Love You!!!

(Artwork by The Barefoot Princess)
Like today, it was also a Tuesday six years ago that I learned the true meaning of the word tragedy and until that day I realized that I lived in a very safe and secure world. I am sure that like so many others I took it for granted. Unfortunately, The Barefoot Princess will never know what our world was like pre 9/11 and it is very sad when you really stop to think about it. However, I think it is important to teach her about the wonderful nation we call home and to love the colors red, white, and blue and all that they symbolize. Since she is almost two I had to think of a simple way to do this and this is what we came up with today. As BP went crazy with the Elmer's and smushing the paper, I kept singing the Red, White and Blue, We all Love You!!! poem over and over to her. Simple, I know, but hopefully meaningful!

3 comments:

allison said...

What a cute craft. BP did a good job with the glue and smushing. She's a natural! It's a difficult day for so many people and we all must find a way to get through it. It looks like you have found the perfect way for your BP.

Buby + Bleu said...

I agree with BH Mom. I like how you celebrated with crafts. I know it's bad, but I still can't really celebrate that day... or even talk about what it means to me. Tom was down at Ground Zero when the bldgs fell, and I can't let my mind go back there.

Buby + Bleu said...

I agree with BH Mom. I like how you celebrated with crafts. I know it's bad, but I still can't really celebrate that day... or even talk about what it means to me. Tom was down at Ground Zero when the bldgs fell, and I can't let my mind go back there.