Monday, June 6, 2011

Catskills Castle







We hiked, ok we snuck, ok we trespassed to see this amazing 100 year old castle just a couple towns away this weekend.  Words cannot describe...you just have to see it.  It is called Dundas Castle and is a replica of a Scottish castle.  Built in the early 1900's by Ralph Wurts-Dundas for his wife, never lived in and never finished. I am still in awe of the castle and its history.  You can google it for more information including the ghost stories, which I should not have read prior to going.  I went in a couple rooms with BP shaking at my side, while Barefoot Dad, BB, Nicholas and Baby C explored the whole thing.  I am pretty smitten with this place and definitely want to go back to see it again. Halloween anyone? 

4 comments:

Poley said...

Umm no on Halloween but I know a little boy and little girl who would LOVE to trespass with you if you are interested in going again...

Anonymous said...

I'm in for Halloween:)
Great Aunt Ya-Ya

Julie said...

Chip and I went up there when we were first dating. I recognized the cabinets right away when you posted them! Someone should really fix it it, it is amazing!

Buby + Bleu said...

Would love to sneak in there!