Monday, March 14, 2011

Knock-off



The IKEA Docksta table is a knock-off of the more costly Mid-Century Mod Saarinen table at a fraction of the price. "Fraction of the price" is key in this house. It needs to be able to stand up to markers, crayons, play-doh, as well as breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Paying thousands for a table is not in the cards for us nor would it be very practical for us.

I love the look of this mod table paired with totally unexpected chairs. Right now I have French country chairs with it, but I also like the look of Bentwood chairs (painted or natural) pulled around it (see below). I bought 1 Bentwood chair on Craigslist, but am still hunting for 4 more. If you see any please let me know :)

On a sidenote: A round table brings a different feeling to a meal compared to a rectangular or oval shaped table. It really brings people closer makes it easier to communicate. What family doesn't need that?


No comments: