Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And two makes a pair...




Remember the granny chair? I found its mate. Yup, I found the Mr. to the Mrs. It is not a direct match, but both feature the lovely "harvest gold" color that was very popular a few decades ago.
I feel they just don't make furniture like they used to, and I have been trying to find another old chair for our living room. I did not want a direct match, just something similar in scale. I plan to reupholster both someday, which is why you see fabric swatches draped over the chairs in both pictures. I am going to use outdoor fabric because the durability is unmatched and it repells water and stains. Very, very key in this house. Plus, it is inexpensive and there are great patterns available. Someday I dream of starting my own reclaimed furniture line using these outdoor fabrics for people that have kids and pets, but don't want to sacrifice style and chicness. Ahh the old someday.... But anyway, I am leaning toward the coral Waverly pattern pictured at bottom. It is busy and bold and a really warm color. For now, the girls love curling up in both of these chairs just as they are. Oh, and I am still looking for other antique chairs so please give me a heads up if you spot any.

1 comment:

Kathie said...

The chair dr. has quite a collection.
Love the fabric selection.