Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sisters





I don't have a sister (just one incredible brother :) So this is all new to me...but these three are tight already. Their bond amazes me everyday. It's not all harmonious 24/7, but their spats never last long + they always hug + move on.
Just one funny sister story from today...
BP comes crying to me (dramatically crying, not real crying) that BB took her little glass Flaps dog (Basset Hound figurine)
I ask BB to please give it back
BB turns to BP and tells her she cannot give it back because she sold it. (All with a very straight + very serious face)
BP freaks out.
I have a hard time not laughing at BB, but also consoling BP who is now really crying.
We leave to ride Nutmeg and the whole incident is soon forgotten
Tonight as I tuck BP into bed I look down and notice the little figurine back on her nightstand.
I smile and point it out to BP who says... they brought it back?
I say... no sweetie I think your sister knew how much it meant to you. She must have put it back without us knowing sometime today.
BP says with a smile...mommy what are we going to do with her?
I say... I don't know BP
She quickly responds... I will just have to give her a big hug in the morning!
(click on pics above to enlarge)

4 comments:

Poley said...

Oh BB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are definitely have quite the character there--wonder where she gets it from??????

Lilypad Mom said...

So sweet. I love the photos and the FLaps story. It is amazing how strong the sister bond can be, I'm still coming to terms with the fact that I am not the center of Sunflower's world, her big sister is.

Buby + Bleu said...

Alana and Eric... What a beautiful crew you have!!! The second photo is way too adorable.

Anonymous said...

LOL...Great pics!!!
Love you guys
Great Aunt Ya-Ya