Friday, July 16, 2010

Lighting





I have heard some interior designers say that lighting is the single most important aspect of a room. With that being said, our lighting in our home needed a little personality improvement. It was sufficient, but very matchy-matchy and chosen by the builder a couple years ago. I have been slowly choosing new fixtures that add more farmhouse personality to our home. I might add that they were all very inexpensive. I will show you some before + afters as they are installed. Here is the first in our dining room. You can see the old chandelier on the floor just before it made its way to the basement. And in the second picture the new one. I got a great deal on 6 of these lights at Home Depot a few weeks ago. I am going to use 3 more in the kitchen, so stay tuned for more pictures. The dining room is also being used as Barefoot Dad's office until we crate him a suitable guy space in the basement. This new light is perfect for billing late at night.

1 comment:

Poley said...

Very nice!!! Don't you just love decorating???