Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Canyon Ranch Turkey Chili



A delicious recipe from the famous health spa...I tweaked it just a little bit because I always do. I have a hard time following a recipe.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup chopped sweet onions (I use a red onion)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 cup orange bell pepper
1lb ground turkey
1 (28 oz) can crushed organic tomatoes
1 (16 oz) can red kidney beans drained and rinsed
1/2 can navy beans drained and rinsed
1 (16 oz) can petite diced tomatoes and sweet onions
1 (16 oz) can sweet corn
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoons sugar
1 box chicken stock (low sodium)
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon hot sauce
11/2 tablespoons sea salt
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
In a large skillet saute onion, pepper, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until onions are translucent. Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Then transfer to a large pot and add all the other ingredients. Simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
This recipe is not just healthy but REALLY, REALLY YUMMY!
The navy beans, corn, and orange bell pepper were my additions to the original recipe. I like color and lots of veggies in my chili :)
It is perfect with a loaf of fresh bread on a cold winter day! Enjoy!

No comments: