Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Aaahhh...Simplicity




I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but the most amazing thing happened on Sunday while I was in the shower. Daddy and BP and BB cleaned the playroom! I wish I had before and after pictures. They not only cleaned it, but really simplified it. Let me back up for a minute. I have been trying to cut back on the playroom clutter and toys the girls do not play with for months. Everytime I walked into the room I would get disgusted and frustrated and turn around and walk out.
We figure we send BP (and next year BB) to a Montessori school where everything is streamlined, simple, and organized and NOT overstimulating and then were NOT following through at home. It just did not make sense. Daddy to the resuce...I said to him in amazement, "How did you do it?" He replied, "It was easy, I had them help and all I had to do is get them to buy into the idea." Ok, easy peasy, right? Why didn't I ever think of that? So the girls weeded out what they really love and play with often. They each moved their baby beds to their rooms and they made a basket of "baby toys" for baby G. With so much more space in the playroom they decided to move the dollhouse downstairs where they could play with it more. And get this...they were so excited and proud of what they did. Everytime I walk by the room or play in there with them I breathe a sigh of relief. So I owe a big THANK YOU to Daddy who really knows how to motivate his two little ladies.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sure he didnt bribe the girls???? Say like with a PONY!!!!
Just kidding, Daddys have magical powers sometimes I think.
Love You
Great Aunt Ya-Ya

Poley said...

How much did you pay BFD????? Come FESS UP!!!! We cleaned our playroom too! I think there's something about daddy's and their girls that makes them do ANYTHING to make daddy happy---Great idea for a basket of toys just for BB#3!

PS (I stole your PBK canvas storage bin idea for our playroom and LOOOOOOVEEE Them!!!!)

Lilypad Mom said...

I love your playroom, it is so bright and cheerful. We need to do the same thing, LP is so good at school but I think she's overwhelmed at home. Maybe I'll try getting her involved because I keep getting overwhelmed at the thought of doing it.

Julie said...

I started filling up the car trunk with things to donate to the thrift store building and then had to move it all into the back of my husband's pick up and filled THE ENTIRE BED! It's amazing how much you accumulate.

Buby + Bleu said...

We had a major cleanup after the holidays, too. I just couldn't stand not seeing the floor that first week or two. Way too much stuff came home with us.

I haven't always been great about getting rid of stuff, but LESS feels SO MUCH BETTER. Right? I packed like 6 huge bins of donation stuff and put it into our attic until I can find a women's shelter that is looking to set up a playroom. I think I have enough for a few complete playrooms thanks to the grandparents. I'm going to make it a priority to unload that stuff soon.

Your pink + green theme is so pretty, by the way. I'm glad you're having another girl. You have such wonderful girl things.