Thursday, December 10, 2009

Teacher Gifts



BP and I are going to make granola for her teacher gifts using this idea I found in Country Living magazine. The recipe sounds yummy and fool proof...so I think I can handle it. Plus it sounds like fun for a 4 year old and a 2 year old who love to help in the kitchen in anyway they can. If you are interested I will post the recipe below and by the way I found the exact same glass containers at Wal-Mart for a steal!
Golden Honey Granola
Preheat oven to 350
In a large bowl, toss together one 18 ounce container (6 cups) old-fashioned oats
8 ounces sliced almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
1 cup chopped dried apricots
1 cup light-brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 11/2 sticks unsalted butter and then stir in 1/2 cup honey
Pour over oat mixture and toss to distribute
Spread the granola onto a parchment-lined baking pan and bake, stirring occasionally, until oats are toasted and sugar begins to carmelize, 35 to 40 minutes
Cool completely on pan and then transfer to an airtight container

No comments: