Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Testing


She is testing us everyday lately. It is a power struggle from getting dressed in the morning to the bedtime routine at night. We have meltdowns over tights and dresses and good old not listening. It is exhausting and then I look at her happy face like this above and I realize it will be well worth it in the end. It's all about boundaries is what my ever patient husband keeps telling me. On a sidenote...I took BP to a birthday party on Sunday with about 25 other kids from her school and I give her teachers so.... much credit. Can you just imagine dealing with 25 kids testing the boundaries all day?

4 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

We have had a lot of testing in our house as well. I'm always amazed by the teachers and their seemingly endless patience.

Poley said...

Amen! We have been there for a while now. Every day pretty much is an adventure in our house. I am learning to be a lot more patient these days.

Alana Goldstein said...

I am glad we are not the only house with this issue. Must be the age. This morning she cried hysterically for the FIRST time this year that she did not want to go to school. I think she just wanted to see if I would turn around and take her home. I handed her screaming to the director of the school and drove away. It killed me, but I had to turn on the teacher mode and walk away. I called half an hour later and she was fine. The direcotr said they sat in the garden and then picked me a bouquet of flowers and she was fine. She is killing us!!!

Buby + Bleu said...

I have to laugh about the dresses and the tights. Girls are so particular about that stuff, right? It's my theory that boys test earlier than girls... we went through a phase before any of Buby's galpals did. Between 18 months and 2 years. But now he rarely tests us.., he only tests boundaries with his sister once in a while. I joke with My Sweets that Bleu is going to be one fiesty preschooler someday... she was just born very spirited. She knows what she wants and goes after it. She does NOT like it when her brother takes things from her, ever. Looking forward to some great girl drama in our house.

Yeah, I give teachers a lot of credit.