Monday, March 9, 2009

St. Patrick's Day




St. Patrick's Day is my absolute favorite holiday! For me it brings happy memories from years past and also ushers in Spring. There is no awkward gift giving with this holiday, so the true spirit and fun of the day can just be enjoyed . St. Patrick's Day is all about eating, drinking, and being merry! You can bet we will do our fair share next Tuesday! I will make the traditional corned beef and cabbage, roasted veggies, my Pop-Pops Irish Soda Bread, and the shamrock cookies above (Thanks to Martha). We will play Irish music and dance a little jig. My husband will think I am insane all day as he always does on this holiday. I just hope BB and BP have fond memories of St. Patrick's Day when they are older too.

3 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

I love St. Pat's Day, too. It's such a happy holiday. Green was always my favorite color growing up, and there's just something about shamrocks, leps, and a meal you only cook once a year. I was planning to do cupcakes (which are actually organic apple cinnamin muffins, but with frosting you can't tell the difference) with Buby this year but was also considering shamrock sugar cookies that we could hand out to our friends in the village. Do you have a good recipe for homemade frosting? I'll have to ck Martha.

Poley said...

erin Go Braugh! I have to agree St. Pats Day is extra special to us too! (Hence the name Dylan PATRICK--)He thinks its called Dylan Patrick's Day)--Its definitely a day of fun for us, good food and of course beer!

Julie said...

We went to the goshen st. patrick's day parade last year. It was really nice. You should check it out. It's this sunday.