Monday, March 23, 2009

Handwriting







The Handwriting without Tears supplies I ordered for BP came last week and now handwriting is her new favorite activity. As soon as BB takes her nap BP says, "Let's do handwriting mommy!" She even came inside on Saturday when she was helping Daddy to do handwriting. She is really into it. HWT is fun and not grueling. We start by using the little chalkboard with a smily face starting point. BP writes the letter after I model it once for her on the chalkboard. Then we move to the workbook where BP writes the letter with verbal help from me. Then she practices writing the letter on gray block paper with the starting corner all on her own. Finally, she moves to the floor where she builds the letters. As you can see in the first picture she takes it very seriously.

2 comments:

Poley said...

Wow I guess our kids aren't babies anymore:( She appears very serious (must be the teacher gene in her)

Buby + Bleu said...

That's awesome! I ordered the HWT stuff after you told us about it, and Buby has been loving the workbook for a few weeks now. I wish I'd ordered the block letters, b/c the parent/teacher book I got has a lot of activities that use those. I'll have to place another order.