Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Room...New Bed




Here is BP's new room and new bed. When the room was completely empty she asked if her bed could go in the middle of the room and under the window. She also asked for a metal bed. (I think because Kit Kittredge has a metal bed.) She has the design thing going on at an early age because it looks really good and the openess of the metal headboard does not block the view out the window. We added a stuffed chair from IKEA (love the price and the replaceable slipcover) and now she just needs a dresser. BP's room looked kind of empty when we first moved. All of her old furniture was inherited by BB. She needs the changing table and rocker / glider and BP, who has changed into a little lady before our eyes, no longer needed those pieces of furniture. It was time for a change for BP and a more grown up look for her room. It is still a work in progress...pictures to hang, etc.. but I think it looks really cute.

3 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

How do they like having their own rooms now? I bet BP is in heaven with her big girl bed. Sweet dreams. We have the same chair and cover from IKEA in BLeu's room and love it.

Lilypad Mom said...

It really looks like such a big girl room, and something I would have loved when I was younger. The bed makes me think of Anne of Green Gables.

allison said...

I love that bed! It suits her so well.