Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Craft Project: Spring Banner


This fabric banner is my next project. I found it in Country Living at least a year ago. I tore it out and have been saving it since. I am going to attempt to make this banner for the playroom. I don't want to cover the windows with heavy, formal curtains in any of the rooms of our new house. My reason? #1 because it just is not a formal type of home, and as soon as you hang something and start dressing a window, it makes the room and the home look formal. #2 because it would kill me to block the views from each window. So I think this fabric banner would look so cute in our playroom. It is fun and unique and perfect for a playroom. It also has a bird motif stamped on some of the flags, which with luck I will be able to recreate for the subtle bird theme we already have going on in the room. Wish me luck and I promise to let you know how it turns out. Oh, and if you have any other bird theme ideas please, please share!

1 comment:

Buby + Bleu said...

Beautiful banner. We made two for Buby's 3rd birthday but loved it so much we kept the big one up year-round. Good luck! Can't wait to see it finished. Oh, one thing I suggest is using decorative edged fabric scissors. I realized about halfway into ours that it covered up a lot of imperfections.

P.S. Another subtle bird theme thing is the art clips from Land of Nod. They are light blue and green birds.