Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Italian Stir Fry



Delicious! We are trying to make some lifestyle changes in our house and eating is the major one. For almost a week we have been doing the Weight Watchers diet. So far so good. We both have seen instant results and feel amazing! I wanted to support my sweetheart and honestly have a few lbs. to lose from my last pregnancy. I figured if we did it together we would be more successful. The Weight Watchers recipes are so amazing that I don't feel like I am missing out on anything, and I am definitely not starving. Avoiding convience foods and choosing healthier options makes all the difference in the world. Oh, and no more soda for either of us. That alone made a difference in how I feel immediately. The other big reason for this change is to set a good example for our girls.



The recipe below is my favorite right now...

Italian Stir Fry (It is steak and salad all in one dish and ready in about ten minutes!)

Try it. I promise you will love it!



2 tsp olive oil

1 1/2 cups chopped red pepper

1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms

1 lb. sirloin, trimmed of fat and slice into stips

2 medium cloves of garlic chopped

1 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

1 tsp red pepper flakes

5 cups of arugala

1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese (has to be fresh, it really makes the meal)



Heat a very large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add olive oil and turn pan to coat.

Add peppers and mushrooms, saute until peppers begin to soften, about three minutes. Move veggies to side of skillet.

Add sirloin and garlic to open space in skillet, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.

Turn beef after 1 minute and then continue to cook for 3 minutes more, shaking pan accasionally to mix all ingredients back together.

Add arugala, stir frequently until it wilts slightly

Serve with parmesan cheese.

7 points for 2 servings (2 cups)
3 additional points with brown rice
We have never added the brown rice and it is quite filling.

(Picture above from macys.com)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Are you guys going to meetings or doing it online? I'm going to start back on it ASAP (as soon as I can go grocery shopping), but I've been thinking of trying the online version and was wondering what it's like. Good luck to you guys!!

Julie said...

It sounds really good. And not that I have ever done it, but I know people that have done Weight watchers and it really seems like the best diet, it seems like it teaches you how to eat right for a lifetime basically.

Buby + Bleu said...

Sounds delish!