Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Natives




A few pictures of the "natives" of St. John. The donkeys walked right up to our Jeep and the one attempted to take a bite out of the door. We fed them some puffs and then continued on because they were scaring BP a little bit. The goats also roam the island and we came upon this herd meandering down the street one day. I cannot believe it, but I don't have one single picture of the iguanas that hung by the pool morning, noon, and night. BP talks about them ALL the time. Again, she was a little intimidated by them, but at the same time intrigued. I have to say iguanas are very pre-historic and dragon like that they kind of freaked me out too. Oh, and how could I forget when Mama (Grandma) stepped in the iguana poop (with her sandals on thank heavens)... BP will never forget this! The "natives" of St. John shared their island well with us tourists!

1 comment:

Buby + Bleu said...

LOVE the donkeys. Not so sure I'd feel the same about the ginormous iguanas. Very cool that they just rome the streets like that. Except for the poop.