Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Museum





Last week we took a road trip to NJ to visit a museum that was featuring an art exhibit by one of my favorite artists, Janet Kipp Tribus, who I have mentioned and shown her work previously. It was a bonus that the exhibit was at a museum that had a number of children's exhibits too. So we made a day of it and had a great time. We even were able to meet my brother, Uncle Mack, for lunch. BP wore her new dress that she picked out and her new brown sandals that she is obsessed with. Her favorite paintings were the "brella" ones like the one shown above. She also like the dinosours and the rocks and gems. BB had fun exploring in the children's section and happily smiled at everyone she saw throughout the rest of the museum. As we were leaving, I asked BP if she would sit on the bench by the statue so I could take her picture. (Somewhere there is a picture of myself, a little older than BP, sitting on the same bench.) So BP agreed, but would not get too close and kept her eye on the statue the whole time. I think she thought at any moment he may come to life.

2 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

BP looks like a movie star in the first photo. After Disney I'm sure she was expecting the statue to start moving any second.

Buby + Bleu said...

BP looks just like you here! I cannot believe how old our babies are getting. Those sandals, the dress, the way she has her hands in her pockets, and is that nailpolish I see?? It went by so fast.