Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thinking Green...



Since Earth Day passed and I was so busy outside with BP and BB enjoying the beautiful weather, I wanted to post about this house that I am in love with. I saw it on TV this past weekend and I was immediately captivated. I admit to being house obsessed. I love design, both architectural and interior. I am always studying homes while walking or driving, on the internet, and in magazines. I think BP has a little of this in her too. Lately she has been commenting on houses as we drive around. She says things like, "oh mommy that house is cute!" or "look at that yellow house."
This home above is located in Westport CT and is a "green" home. It is built by Barry Katz Homebuilders. Mr. Katz specializes in "green" homebuilding or high performance homebuilding. He claims his homes are built to a higher standard from the ground up. He says they are more comfortable, more durable, require less maintenance, and incredibly energy efficient, saving thousands of dollars a year in energy bills. He also says a green-built home can protect your family's health, conserve scarce resources, and help reduce environemntal problems like global warming. All this and they are beautiful too! I would love to learn more about this type of building. I think this is a wave of the future. It may be beneficial to build a home with "green" technology because they would have greater resale value than homes with outdated technology. Something to think about and research in my spare time. Someday we may all be living in "green" homes and driving Prius'. It is definitely worth a thought!

2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

This is my favorite style house. It's beautiful. I know more and more people into green design. Buby and I drive around and comment on the houses, too. I think a love of design is genetic, b/c my mom and I used to drive around on Sundays and go to open houses (when we were NOT interesting in buying) just for fun.

Anonymous said...

Hello your site is really wonderful. I'm over Ya Ya's. I remember being with you when you were one house away growing up. Take care.