Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick"s Day!!!


For me today is better and bigger than Christmas! I LOVE St. Patrick's Day! (My husband thinks I am insane) I think it is because of my heritage, but also because in my mind it also signifies the beginning of Spring. I can never remember a St. Patrick's Day that was not sunny and cheerful, like today is. So last night The Barefoot Princess and I made Irish Soda Bread and right now we have 1 corned beef in the oven and 1 in the crock pot. I am trying a new recipe this year, Thank You Keri, and tonight we are having some friends over for a traditional Irish feast. BP and BB are dressed in green with shamrocks and looking very festive today and I swear BP's hair had a hint of red today that is not their every other day! Maybe it was the bright sunshine? On the way to the gym this mroning we listened to Irish tunes and like her father she thought I was crazy too, but then she decided on the way home that she liked 'The Unicorn Song'.
So Happy St. Patrick's Day and enjoy a little corned Beef, cabbage, soda bread and of course it would not be St. Patrick's Day without a little Guiness or Bailey's.

2 comments:

allison said...

I LOVE the unicorn song. I used to make my students do the hand motions and they thought I was crazy. It's a big day for us, too...well, for me and my girl. She doesn't really look like an Irish girl, so I'll have to remind her every once in awhile! You guys looked so cute in your green today. I saw the red hair, too.

Buby + Bleu said...

Thank you for the Irish bread. Buby + his daddy hogged the whole thing. The girls looked so cute in their Irish attire at class.