Wednesday, February 13, 2008

BP's DJ

photo from flickr

A mother wears so many hats. Some of them are rather serious, some are rather funny. I realized the other day that not only am I The Barefoot Princess' chaffeur, but also her personal DJ. When we are in the car and sometimes on our way to the car she tells me what song she would like to listen to. As we are driving I hear her from the back seat telling me her special requests. This is what one would hear in our car...

"Mommy, Ho-Ho song please." (yes we are still listening to Christmas music in February)

When that finishes, "Other one Mommy." (Other one= Jolly Old St. Nicholas)

"Dee-Dee Shoes please."

"Moe's Song."

"Beach Barney." (Mr. Sun, from the Beach Barney movie)

"Sea, Sea, Sea, song mommy."

"Hannah, please." (Hannah Montana, who I have to say I am really starting to like, should be mom confession #4)

And then she says things like "OOOOH I like this song," when I have the radio on and Fergie's 'Glamorous' comes on.

She definitely has developed her own taste in music and she has her favorites!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Isn't it the truth? I have never thought of it that way but it is so true. Adam loves polka. Don't ask me why but he always asks for it. Chip got him a polka party cd and he loves it!!! I can't wait to tell all his friends when he gets into high school! :)

allison said...

You're so right about wearing different hats. I still haven't heard any Hannah Montana music yet. BP will have to teach G all about it.

Buby + Bleu said...

i'm laughing so hard!! buby does the exact same thing. i'm a total slave to his music preferences in the car. i haven't listened to the radio since our girls night out b/c he dictates the entire play list from the time we walk out of the house. and he calls our holiday tunes "SANTA MUSIC" and asks for that first usually. then it's "DEE DEE AND MO". then "BROWN BEAR, BROWN BEAR, MAMA." then "JAMBO" or "ROCK ROUND THE CLOCK." agree about the hats. i think the majority of the time i'm just here to make him laugh. to make a silly face or pretend i'm tripping or juggle. he just makes fun of me all day, and i'll do anything for the giggle.

Poley said...

I never thought of it that way but it's EXACTLY the same way in our car!!!! I almost spit my coffee out when I read your post! Dyl barks orders at me immediately upon getting into the car "Catch that Train on please" or "Two by Two mommy..."--I don't remember the last time we were in the car and listened to JUST the radio. So funny