Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Real Housewives

I admit to being a fan of reality tv. There are some shows I definitely like more than others. The Real Housewives of Orange Coumty is my new favorite! I get a kick out of these so called "housewives" who live in Orange County, California. They live lives so far from reality I am not sure that this show should be in the reality tv category. It's all about botox, boobs, shopping, and living life on a grand scale. There isn't much housewifery, if that is a word, in the show. Now, I am not completely naive, and have been accused of being high maintenance once or twice in my life. (I like to think I have just been cursed with good taste.) I own a couple of Louies and before BP and BB were born have been known to spend a few hundred dollars at Nordstrom in the salon shoes section, yes, on a single pair of shoes. (That was pre-motherhood mind you.) These women are from another world and do not even compare. Maybe it is an East coast West Coast thing, I don't know, but here is my porposal... to the tv execs...there should be an East coast vesrion of the Real Housewives of Orange County. The other Orange County. I know three other mommies and housewives who would be great examples of real housewives...(BHM, LPM,and BM) What do you think ladies???

3 comments:

Lilypad Mom said...

I've only seen two episodes of this, it was on the other night. I don't think our version would have quite as many viewers, I don't know if we can compete with the money, boobs and botox.

Buby + Bleu said...

Ha! We would redefine glamour for sure! I don't know the show. I'm with you on the pre-mommy treats, though. You'd be amazed at how much damage my friends & I could do on a long lunch hour. We had the most fun trading and throwing stuff over the dressing room walls. Our office was smack in the center of the world; our photo shoots in the fashion district... so it was easy to indulge every day. Suddenly I'm a 3T clearance hound. I'll still spend $14 on a single slice of cheesecake though, if it's amazing! Ha.

allison said...

You are too funny! I've seen more episodes of this show than I'd like to admit and I honestly can't believe this is how they live! Puh-lease. I think this is the second or third season of the show, too, so it must have quite a following. Probably other suburban moms watching in disbelief!