Tuesday, January 29, 2008

In the Back of My Mind


In the back of my mind I keep thinking about a quote I learned in my very first education class in college... (The class that helped me decide I wanted a future in education)
"Children do not care what you know, until they know that you care."
This is what keeps running through my mind as we visit preschools and talk about The Barefoot Princess going to school next year. I ultimtely want a place where they, the teachers care, and love what they do so that BP knows it and will care what they know!!! A little deep, but I cannot get that quote out of my mind. I guess that is how I woke up and appraoched my students each morning for five years.

1 comment:

Buby + Bleu said...

I really love that quote. I agree that teachers are sooooo important, and it's totally obvious right away to kids which ones CARE and which ones don't. I still remember things that my 4th grade teacher said to me that made me feel very special. I would even say she inspired me to do a lot of the things I've done in my life, and I still have a little rubber apple eraser that she gave me on my desk.