Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Barefoot Baby's First Bath


In our house Daddy is in charge of bathtime until the little one is able to sit alone. I can honestly say that I never gave The Barefoot Princess a sponge bath or used the little bathtub. That is Daddy's specialty!! So last night was The Barefoot Baby's first submersion after saying good bye to her cord a few days ago. She cried when the cold air hit her, but then was happy to be in the warm water. As I watched the bath ritual and saw that The Barefoot Baby fits right into Daddy's rather large hands, I realized this is another great way for them to bond. I take over bathtime when they are ready to graduate to the big tub, but until then it's all about Daddy / Daughter bonding!

2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

She's so tiny in his big hands! So precious. I love that bath time is his thing...

allison said...

How sweet that Daddy has his own thing going on. You can never make up for time spent with them now and it's so wonderful that he's taking time. What a guy!