Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Janet Kipp Tribus

Janet Kipp Tribus
Coffee Table Book
"Frelinghuysen Farm"
"Living in Frelinghuysen"

These pictures are by Janet Kipp Tribus, one of my all time favortie artists. I have always admired her work. My Aunt Kim has many of her masterpieces in her homes and as a little girl I was always attracted to the bright colors and happiness of the art. I love the subject matter and the unique portrayal of it. Then I had the opportunity to meet Janet herself and spend some time with her and I loved her as much as her paintings. She is very beautiful, happy person and so full of life. I guess this is what attracts me to her artwork.

Janet Kipp Tribus just got her website up and running (http://www.janetkipptribus.com/) and she is exhibiting many of her paintings at The Morris Museum beginning November 3rd thru May 18th. Also available this December will be a coffee table book of her paintings, pictured above, 96 full color pages for $47.50. You can be sure that I will be visitng The Morris Musem in November and ordering my own copy of the book too!!! I am so excited about this and cannot wait to introduce The Barefoot Princess to one of my favorite artists!! I think we will make a girl's day of it before The Barefoot Baby arrives.

"Tuesday"
"Living in Sergeantsville"

2 comments:

Buby + Bleu said...

Beautiful! And yes, happy!

allison said...

I don't know this artwork at all, but it looks "so you". And I love that you'll be taking BP to the museum. How special!